Release Date: October 2013
Page Count: 304
Size: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Case Lot Quantity: 40
Understanding Islam and Christianity
Beliefs That Separate Us and How to Talk About Them
For years, international apologist Josh McDowell has been alert to the challenge of Islam—and how Muslims’ objections to Christianity can raise deep doubts in believers’ minds. His recent on-the-ground research with Muslims in the Middle East has crystallized into this practical resource focusing on Jesus and the gospel. Aided by Islam expert Jim Walker, McDowell lays out the evidence on the crucial issues:
- What kind of prophet was Jesus? Was he the Messiah?
- “Son of God”? “Son of Man”? What’s that about?
- How are God and Jesus related? Can they both be God?
- The gospel—how could God dishonor his Son by letting him die horribly? What good did his death do?
- Aren’t the Bible’s accounts of Jesus corrupt?
With all this, as well as backgrounder appendixes on the basics, believers will have authoritative evidence from Scripture and history to intelligently deal with Muslims’ questions about and challenges to Christianity.